The most appropriate entry level math course for you will be determined using your score on this placement test. In order to receive a score for your test, you must be an accepted student.
Once your test is scored, the college will inform you whether you will require a developmental Herkimer College math course (before you take a college level math course) or if you are now ready to take the college level math requirements for your program.
Elementary Algebra (MA 095) is the developmental math offered at HCCC. MA 095 is available each semester online through our Herkimer College Internet Academy as well as in a traditional classroom format on campus. The developmental course counts toward your fulltime financial aid status but does not count toward graduation credit.
If you have a question regarding Herkimer College placement testing policy or procedures please call 315-866-0300 Ext. 8288.
Absolutely no calculator use is allowed on this test. DO NOT GUESS (If you do not know how to do a question, LEAVE IT BLANK!).
Note: You do not have to take the Online Math Placement Test if you meet one of the following criteria:
• High school average of 88 or above
• SAT: 500 minimum on individual sub-tests (reading, writing and math)
• ACT: Composite score of 21 or above
• Satisfactory ACCUPLACER test scores from the past two years
• Transfer credit: College level math, with a grade of C or above.
• College Now: Completed courses with a grade of C or above.
• You should submit all official test results to the Admissions Office and all official transcripts to the Registrar’s Office at least two weeks in advance to allow for determination of waiver.
Please click here to begin the math test.