|Non-Matriculated Student Confirmation Page - Please Print This Page and add it to your Favorites/Bookmarks, it contains important information for completing your registration (how to register for courses, where to get textbooks, where and when to access your course(s), etc.)|
Your application for
status has been submitted to Herkimer County Community College. All
Non-Matriculated students are automatically accepted at HCCC
and you will only be notified if a problem arises. We recommend
printing or saving this information for your reference.
1. Register for Your Course(s) - Now that you have applied simply wait up to two business days and then go back to our website to register for your course(s) at Student Online Services (http://www.herkimer.edu/sos). To log in and register, your User ID will be your Social Security number (no dashes or spaces) and your Pin Number will be your Date of Birth--see example on User Login page for format. You must register for your course(s) at HCCC before you gain access to your course(s) at the ANGEL site.
International Students or Applicants without Social Security Numbers: If you are an International Student who does not have a Social Security number, or a student who chooses not to provide your Social Security Number, our Registrar's Office will contact you at the email address you provided with your College ID so that you can log in to Student Online Services to register for your course(s). Please be sure to check your Spam or Junk Mail email folders as institution emails often filter to these.
Non-Matriculated students do not need to take Placement Exams and are not required to prove the completion of pre-requisite courses. If you receive a “Pre-Requisite or Test Score Error” at the time of registration, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your Name, College ID or SS#, the Course Name(s) and Number(s) you want registered, and if available, we will register the course(s) for you and reply to let you know if it was successful. If you have any questions regarding the registration process, please contact the Registrar’s Office directly at 315-866-0300, ext. 8580 or toll-free in NYS at 888-464-4222, ext. 8580.
2. Obtain your Textbook(s) - Most Internet Academy courses require textbooks. We recommend that textbooks be purchased from the HCCC Bookstore. You can order your textbooks online at http://www.hcccbookstore.com. Please be aware that some courses require materials that can only be purchased from the HCCC Bookstore (ex. most math textbooks are specially packaged for HCCC, etc.). Please review your Student Detail Schedule using Student Online Services and make note of your semester, course and section numbers prior to gaining access to your course(s) and ordering textbooks/materials. (Online-only Internet Academy sections will have a "V" in the section number, and their Time and Location will be listed as TBA. The Time and Location will not be announced as the course start and end dates are correct, and it is your responsibility to determine what days of the week and time of the day you will participate in your online course(s) as long as you meet all deadlines set by the instructor. You must begin participating in your course by the start date.)
3. Pay your Bill - Once you have registered, please be aware that you can now pay your bill online using Student Online Services (you must choose the proper semester option). Tuition is always due before class begins and all accounts must be settled in full prior to the due date to avoid additional fees and/or possible deregistration from the course(s). To view our current Refund Policy for the course(s) you have registered for please go to: http://www.herkimer.edu/apply/billing/refunds-of-tuition/. If you have any questions regarding your bill, please contact the Bursar's Office directly at 315-866-0300, ext. 8315 or toll-free in NYS at 888-464-4222, ext. 8315.
3a. If you are a New York State Resident you must obtain your Certificate of Residence - All NY State residents must provide a Certificate of Residence no later than 30 days after classes start in order to avoid an additional charge (certificates cannot be dated any earlier than 60 days before the course begins). This is a requirement for all New York State Community Colleges. The Bursar's Office does prefer to receive the Certificate of Residence before your class starts, however if you are making payment and do not have your certificate yet, you can subtract the Non-Resident Tuition charge from your bill. As long as a Certificate of Residence is provided to the Bursar's Office within 30 days from the start of your course(s), the charge entitled "Tuition - No Residency" is removed. Failure to provide a certificate within this timeframe will result in you having to pay the additional charge.
You can download an application form and view additional information at http://www.herkimer.edu/apply/billing/certificate-of-residence/. Downloading the Certificate of Residence requires that you have Adobe's Acrobat Reader or the appropriate Acrobat "plug-in" for your browser. This link to Adobe's Site will allow you to download the appropriate software for your operating system and/or browser.
If you have any questions specific to the Certificate of Residence, please contact the Bursar's Office directly at 315-866-0300, ext. 8309 or toll-free in NYS at 888-464-42222, ext. 8309.
4. Login to Angel - All Internet Academy courses will meet online at https://herkimer.sln.suny.edu, including both full online Internet Academy courses and Hybrid courses (online Hybrid courses will have an "H" in the section number and will meet on-campus on the days and times listed in addition to online at https://herkimer.sln.suny.edu). It can take up to 2-3 business days after your registration for your ANGEL account to be created. Courses will be automatically added to your ANGEL account by 3PM about one week (7 days) before the courses begin. You can view our ANGEL Student Information page here: http://www.herkimer.edu/learn/online-learning/angel-student-center/. It contains information regarding how to determine your ANGEL Username and Password, how to access your HCCC Student Email Account, etc. If you have questions regarding your ANGEL Username and Password, please contact the Internet Academy at email@example.com or at 315-866-0300 ext. 8742 or toll-free in NYS at 888-464-4222 ext. 8742 as soon as possible.
New Students: Please be sure to join and complete the online ANGEL Student Orientation provided prior to beginning your course(s) as it will help you to build the technical skills necessary to complete most courses. If you have any problems with the process (or for any technical problems you may encounter during the semester), please call the SLN Help Desk at 800-875-6269 or send an email to helpdesk@SLN.suny.edu.
5. Obtain your Official Transcript to Transfer Credit - To request an Official transcript, please use our Official Transcript Request form which you can find here:
http://www.herkimer.edu/apply/registrars-office/transcripts/. You may submit this form prior to the completion of the course to expedite the process. Simply check the Hold For Grades box on the form and specify the Semester. Final grading is a process, however once the process is complete, your “pre”requested transcript will be released as soon as possible. Requests submitted after course completion and final grading generally take 3-5 business days to process.
Please Note: You are encouraged to gain access to your course and begin reading course documents about one week prior to the actual start date for most courses. You will be expected to login to your course(s) and begin participating by the first day of class.
|Linda C. Lamb|
|Associate Dean of Continuing Education|
1-888-GO-4-HCCC (464-4222) Ext. 8580 - Registrar's Office